Creativity and New Media

For this assignment, I decided to play Second Life. Second Life kind of reminds me of SIMS. You basically have a virtual life in the game. You can talk to other players, run, fly, build houses, complete tasks and quests, etc. In this game, you can customize your character to however you like. You can dress them up however you like as well which is not always acceptable or appropriate in real life. My first task that I did was to walk into the ocean. The character can not swim but got revived back to life right away which would never happen in real life. I then got on a boat and drove around the caves as a quest and also because it's something I would never be able to do in real life. Second Life gives you a second chance at life, something that is impossible in the real world but very possible in the virtual world.


Comments

  1. That's really cool! Would've loved to see maybe a video of you playing the game, or show us walking into the ocean and how your character gets revived!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts